How to tell when it’s Time for a New Roof!
It’s easy to tell when you need to replace your carpet or repaint the walls; you see them every day and when they look old or dingy, it’s easy to notice. The wear and tear on your roof is a different thing. How often do you spend the time looking up at your roof and really analyzing how it looks? If you’re like most people, the first indication you get that it’s time for a new roof is when water starts leaking into your home. If you notice this you want to get it fixed fast before major damage occurs here are some signs that your roof may need to be replaced:
- It’s old: most roofs have on average a 20-year warranty, if it’s older than that, consider replacing
- It shows wear and tear: peeling or curling shingles, bubbling in the membrane or missing shingles.
- Roof material/debris is evident around the home: signs it’s breaking down
- Leaks and/or water stains: check both the garage as well as your attic for evidence of leaks
- Your energy bills are rising: Unexplained increases in your utility bills could be signs of heat or cold invading your home
If you suspect that it’s time to replace the roof, now is the time to investigate your options for replacement or repairs, before you are faced with much larger damage to your home resulting in a large bill. If you need a recommendation for a great roofer in Tennessee I would be more than happy to recommend one to you. If you are considering selling your home a new roof can greatly enhance its curb appeal to perspective buyers.
If you are in need of a Spring Hill Tn Roofing Contractor my long trusted Roofing contractor is Robb Horn with Legacy Exteriors they have done several roofs for me and my clients with a rapid turnaround and fantastic quality honest work.